Indian Railways travels through various parts of the Indian subcontinent, covering 28 states and covering about 115,000 kilometers. Indian Railways is the largest railway network in Asia and the fourth largest in the world. In India, trains carry about 20 million passengers and 2 million tons of freight per day. Indian Railways is truly the backbone of the Indian economy.
Prior to the IT revolution, the reservation of train tickets led to the filling of countless forms and endless queues at railway ticket offices. When half of India was out of town, they often had to start queuing in the morning to book tickets for summer and winter vacations. Thankfully, ebooking, the sale of train tickets on the Indian Railways website, ordered a children’s game of tickets.
The IRCTC website is designed to allow the user to order, modify and cancel tickets online. In addition, the website plans to travel with updated information such as train schedules, seating availability, and special packages for luxury and budget travel about PNR status. The e-ticketing facility allows the user to order tickets online and have tickets delivered by mail.
Tickets for Indian Railways can be booked 90 days in advance. To order tickets online, the user must visit the official website irctc.co.in. The website is a user with drop-down menus and requires the user to fill in incomplete information before moving on to the next screen. .
How to use the booking function
• Start and destination codes, travel history and quota key.
• The next screen shows the departing trains in the travel history, flight time and arrival time, train details and the availability of seats for different travel classes.
• After selecting the train, the system displays the reservation position for six dates, starting from the date of travel.
• The user can select the required travel date, which includes passenger details and ship selection.
• Finally, the system associates a payment gateway screen where the user can list their preferred options, such as Internet banking or credit / debit card usage.
• The user can choose the printed ticket option or use the label screenshot along with valid proof of identity while traveling.