Indian Railway offers you the option of online railway reservations. IRCTC also prefers rail reservation using state-of-the-art voice recognition, GPRS and CDMA techniques available at several mobile operators. IRCTC also offers the easiest way to book your Railway ticket using two SMS or email.
How to order tickets using SMS
To return train tickets using SMS, the following is required:
1. The user is required to be a coordinator or registrar with IRCTC and use mobile ordering tools.
2. The user had to prepare at least one Passenger list marked with IRCTC. This note will be used for the SMS booking procedure.
3. The traveler must be involved in the Mobile Banking services of ICICI Bank or any other bank related to it.
4. It is mandatory for the user to have a mobile phone connection or connection with one of the operators such as Reliance, Airtel, Indicom, Idea, Vodafone, BSNL and others, and it is announced that more operators will be added to the list soon.
5. The whole process of booking a ticket can be done by sending just two messages using the short code IRCTC 7425
How to register?
To use this device, you must register with IRCTC. The user must select the mobile order option on the profile or on the list page to take advantage of all the different Mobile Booking tools, including SMS booking. The person requesting the ticket is required to enter the mobile number, mobile operator and payment mode. Currently, only ICICI Bank offers you this device. ICICI Bank will charge a small fee of 10 pounds for this vehicle for each order. You must subscribe or register for the Mobile Shopping Facility offered by ICICI Bank and enter ‘mShop Name’ via SMS.
Users already registered with IRCTC can use existing user IDs and passwords to log in and request transactions via Hutch, Idea, Tata Indicom, Reliance phones.
People who are using this device for the first time can take advantage of the registration device provided by mobile drivers or use a regular or regular registration form by visiting irctc. Making a reservation has never been as convenient as it is today.